Inflammation and break down of the joint cartilage (commonly referred to as Arthritis) is caused by various factors, and our dietary choices contribute to joint health greatly.
- Over-Acidification of the blood and tissue is the major underlying cause of Arthritis and most chronic degenerative disorders. It’s the accumulation and excretion of dietary and metabolic acids into the joints that leads to the inflammation and breakdown. Foods and drinks that are more Alkaline in nature need to be emphasised
- Deadly Nightshades – If you suffer from sore or enlarged joints, you are best to avoid this food group as Arthritis sufferers commonly share an allergy to these: white potatoes, tomatoes (particularly cooked), eggplant, capsicum.
- Yeast Overgrowth - Candida gut infections are linked to joint problems also. Maintaining an anti-fungal approach to your diet (mainly avoiding all sugars and grains) can greatly improve overall joint health also. Fungus can either cause arthritis by infecting a joint directly or indirectly through their production of mycotoxins (fungal poisons)
- Gluten Intolerance - yet another good reason to nix the grains; and gluten is more intolerable and destructive than most people realise.
- Heavy Metal Toxicity - a thorough detoxification and dietary Clean Up (supported by me!) will help to alleviate the toxic load in your system.
So in terms of nutrition, there’s lots you can do to improve and maintain healthy, flexible, pain-free joints: Eat an abundance of predominantly Alkaline foods, avoid/limit the potatoes, grains and sugars, and support of the body’s natural detoxification processes. Are your joints telling you that a total dietary Overhaul might be in order?